Monday, October 11, 2010

When does this start?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wirestory?id=11845131&page=1
I came across an article that made me upset and wonder when does behavior like this even start.
I started thinking about my own experience growing up. I remember all of my ex-boyfriend's fathers were all male chauvinists. Men grow up with a different mentality than women. Women are taught to be loving and caring embracing all the wonderful features that are naturally within women. Men on the other hand are taught to not be afraid. To embrace their 'cavemen'  animal like behavior. (Even there I am stereotyping). Men must not cry or show weakness. This is the mentality most men I have known are raised with. Being that most of my Ex's fathers were Hispanic has made me believe that most men are brought up like this. In Miami there are so many gay bars and people or groups who openly embrace their sexualities. It's normal for me to walk down the street and see a gay couple or lesbian couple. In most states across the nation this 'freedom of expression' to which we are all entitled to isn't so free. This kind of behavior starts at home, primarily with the father. Men need to understand it's okay to be sensitive. It's okay to show feelings. Men are naturally strong. Just because you're gay doesn't make you any weaker than the man next to you. Don't judge him because of his sexuality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment