Monday, October 11, 2010

Don't Judge who?

I can't help but wonder if every single person in class actually believes and acts how they say is politically correct.  A few people mentioned (throughout classes) how we shouldn't judge people based on first impression.  How we should always take into consideration the possibilities of why people look or act a certain manner based on their own individual situations.

I judge people all the time and I don't see anything wrong with it. I behave and act a certain way in public. Obviously around friends and family I am my most comfortable. But when I walk out the door of my house, the way I dress, the way I talk to people, my demeanor, all  of this is a fraction of who I am. If someone is covered in tattoos and they happen to get pulled over more than usual it's for a reason.

Unfortunately most of stereotypes are true. A slut looks and acts like a slut. They're easy to find, especially here in Miami. If you like to wear your art then there's a price you will pay unfortunately. Blame it on all the other assholes who "look like you" for messing it up.  The point is, I wouldn't want to put an image of myself out for the world to see that isn't me. I wouldn't want them to think I'm a thug, or in a gang, If I am  not. And If I choose to be a thug then I need to expect all these negative connotations.  It comes with the territory.

My brother, who is no where near a thug, has his whole left arm tatted, has an eyebrow piercing and dresses a little baggy. If I could count the times this kid gets pulled over, I'd be a thousandaire. Cops mess with him all the time. He's currently looking for a job and having a hard time finding one. Again, I can't help but say that you get what  you deserve. People need to take a little more time to think about the future; financially that is. What do you want to be doing 10, 15 years from now. hopefully not working at a subway or as a receptionist somewhere. Not that there's anything wrong with these jobs because there isn't. I only say it because sub makers don't make 65,000 a year and probably can't afford to own a house, car, dog, health insurance, and at this rate toothpaste! I wish they could but the figures don't lie.
It's a low income paying job, not something I can deal with for the rest of my life.

When I meet someone I  apply the scientific method. I always wonder the kind of person they are. Based on my conversation (if I have any with them at all ) or by observing their body language I develop my hypothesis.  I  carefully observe my object for as long as it takes to find my conclusion.

Have you ever met someone you just don't like? Something in their aura, the energy they gave off? I come across people I just don't care to know.  Something about them doesn't fall into my "accept" radar.
Back to my opening topic. I don't always act on my thoughts. Sometimes I forget to put aside my little voice that tells me not to be judgemental.  And then I am.  I develop all these thoughts in my head based on what I know. I feel that to some degree people subconsciously do it despite how we may 'feel' about it.

Bazingah!

No comments:

Post a Comment