Wednesday, September 1, 2010

moderate preference for white-europeans over blacks

So according to my results to a harvard poll I willingly took, I prefer white europeans over black African american. I strongly agree. That doesn't mean that I don't find black men attractive. I come from a hispanic family where they strongly believe I should be with a spanish american white guy.  That doesn't go to say that certain relatives haven't dated outside our race.  I grew up in a single family home and my mother never told me who I could or couldn't date. It was never an issue or a topic of discussion. Things were different when she married my stepfather. He'd joke around saying that he wouldn't want me to marry someone out of my race. Especially a black guy. I'd just laugh and think 'what would he do if I did?' And no I never have.  Though.. the curiosity remains. I think were all interracial. Somewhere in our family's, at least mine, were mixed. Heck, I don't even know what I am. ha. NO, I do. Word is I'm cuban, spaniard, Lebanese.  Yeah, I know. I feel like an ingredient. lol.

2 comments:

  1. So you related your test results to your dating preference. How about the people that you choose to associate yourself with in general, like your friends? In that case, do you believe that you moderately prefer white friends over black ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't moderately prefer white friends over blacks. I actually have a range of diverse friends. All from different races. Yes, more are latino or white. But that's just because I don't involve myself in school clubs or things of that sort to expose myself to meeting new people. The people I know I have known for years. Probably high school. I feel I don't need anymore than what I have. In general, people are different and I like that. My dating preference is personal taste and based on what I want.

    ReplyDelete